1. Do you often find yourself preoccupied with sexual thoughts?
2. Do you hide some of your sexual behavior from others?
3. Have you ever sought help for sexual behavior you did not like?
4. Has anyone been hurt emotionally because of your sexual behavior?
5. Do you feel controlled by your sexual desire?
6. When you have sex, do you feel depressed afterwards?
A positive response to just one would indicate a need for additional assessment. Two or more indicates possible sexual addiction.*
Created by Patrick Carnes, PhD (PATHOS Questionnaire)
*For additional free screening tools visit IITAP here: